5 Simple Steps To Clone A Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes
Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes
Recipe type: Dessert
It's amazing how so many people love chocolate cakes. One of my favorites is the "Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cake."
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries thawed, pureed in blender
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- ½ cup heavy cream, softly beaten
- Fresh mint sprigs, optional
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting, optional
- Spray inside 6 individual custard cups or souffle dishes with nonstick cooking spray; then set aside. In small heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring until smooth. Add butter and sugar; stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl. In small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, and baking powder.
- With electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat chocolate mixture; add eggs and flour mixture; beat about 6 minutes until thickened. Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes; cover with plastic wrap. Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove and discard plastic from frozen cakes. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until edges are set and center is moist. Cool cakes slightly before inverting onto serving platters.