A Bit of Frosty Fudge
Nuts can be added to just about any type of fudge. Pecans, walnuts or almonds all work well. Be sure to chop the nuts into pieces before adding them. Stir them into the fudge mixture just before spreading it into a prepared pan. Enjoy this delicious frosty fudge.
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅛ t salt
- 3 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 T butter
- 1½ t vanilla extract
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- Pour the milk in to a large saucepan and set the pan over low heat.
- Sprinkle in the salt.
- Add the chocolate chips and stirring continuously melt the chips until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Quickly stir in the butter until it is completely melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract until completely incorporated.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold in the marshmallows being sure they are completely covered with the chocolate mixture.
- Line a square baking pan with wax paper extending over the edges.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place the fudge into the refrigerator 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove the fudge by using the wax paper handles.
- Cut the fudge into bite size servings.