Almond Chocolate Creams
This almond chocolate cream recipe is delicious! Yummy creams will satisfy any chocolate lover’s cravings.
|Almond Chocolate Creams|
Recipe type: Dessert
Yummy creams will satisfy any chocolate lover’s cravings.
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup fondant
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Confectioner’s sugar for kneading and shaping
- 1 cup fondant
- 2 squares Baker’s Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops water, as needed
- Halves blanched almonds
- Mix the chopped almonds with the fondant and vanilla.
- Add confectioner’s sugar, a little at a time, and knead the mass thoroughly, on a marble or large platter.
- Shape into a long roll, then cut into small pieces of the same size.
- Shape these into balls a generous half inch in diameter and leave them about an hour to harden on the outside.
- Put the fondant for the coating and the chocolate (shaved or broken in pieces) in a double boiler (with hot water in the lower receptacle).
- Add the vanilla and the water and heat until melted.
- Take out a spoon and stir the fondant, to keep it from crusting and drop in a “center;” with the fork cover it with fondant; put the fork under it and lift it out, scrape the fork lightly on the edge of the dish, to remove superfluous candy, turn the fork over and drop the bon-bon onto waxed paper.
- Make a design with the fork in taking it from the candy. At once press half of a blanched almond on the top of the candy, or the design made with the fork will suffice.
- If at any time the coating be too thick, add a few drops of water.
- If any is left over, use it to coat whole nuts or cherries.