Baked Apple Nut Fudge
Making fudge is not as difficult as one might think. To ensure fool proof fudge every time stick to the recipe and never try and double a fudge recipe. This can cause your fudge not to firm as necessary.
|Baked Apple Nut Fudge|
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 Pieces
Making fudge is not as difficult as one might think.
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate.
- 1 C sugar
- 2/3 C applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 C nuts, chopped
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the baking powder, soda and salt to the sifter and sift into the flour.
- Place the butter into a double boiler.
- Add the chocolate and place the double boiler over medium heat.
- Cook until the chocolate and butter have melted together stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the sugar and stir until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Fold the applesauce into the mixture thoroughly.
- Add the eggs one at a time being sure to mix well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla and continue mixing until all the ingredients have been incorporated together well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture being sure to mix well as you add.
- Gently fold in the nuts.
- Place the oven temperature at 350 degrees and allow the oven to preheat.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a square baking pan well. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan being sure it is even.
- Bake 35 minutes or until firm.
- Allow the fudge to cool before cutting into bite size squares.