The northern part of the United States is known for the buckeyes. These fruits have been said to bring luck to those who carry them. Just don’t put these little wonders in your pocket, eat them up! Bet you can’t eat just one.
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 C peanut butter
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place the powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and place in the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter.
- Use a pastry blender to cut the ingredients together.
- Mixture should be crumbly.
- Roll the mixture with your hands into 1 inch balls.
- Place the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate on high for 1 minute then stir.
- Continue microwaving at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth being sure to stir each time.
- Place waxed paper over a large cookie sheet.
- Use a toothpick inserted into each ball to dip them into the melted chocolate. Be sure to cover the ball completely with the chocolate.
- Place the dipped balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the buckeyes to cool completely.