Enjoy this delicious chocolate cake recipe – grated chocolate makes it! Learn how to make a chocolate cake from scratch.
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 Sheets of Cake
Enjoy this delicious chocolate cake recipe - grated chocolate makes it!
- 3 ounces bakers chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cup sifted pastry flour
- 1¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- Grate the chocolate.
- Beat the butter to a cream, and gradually beat in the sugar.
- Beat in the milk and vanilla, then the eggs (already well beaten), next the chocolate, and finally the flour, in which the baking powder should be mixed.
- Pour into two well buttered shallow cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Frost or not, as you like.