Chocolate Caramel Walnuts
What a great way to satisfy that holiday sweet tooth with this chocolate caramel walnut recipe. These chocolate caramel walnuts make a wonderful gift or a special treat just for yourself!
|Chocolate Caramel Walnuts|
Recipe type: Dessert
What a great way to satisfy that holiday sweet tooth with this chocolate caramel walnut recipe.
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons maple or caramel syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 or more squares Baker’s Chocolate
- English walnuts
- Beat the egg white slightly, add the syrup, water, sugar as needed, chocolate, melted over hot water, and the vanilla, also more water if necessary.
- Work with a silver plated knife and knead until thoroughly mixed. Break off small pieces of uniform size and roll them into balls.
- In the hollow of the hand, flatten the balls a little, set the half of an English walnut upon each, pressing the nut into the candy and thus flattening it still more. The caramel gives the chocolate a particularly nice flavor.