This chocolate cheesecake recipe is a chocolate lovers dream! This recipe is full of flavor and a treat for the taste buds.
Recipe type: Dessert
This chocolate cheesecake recipe is a chocolate lovers dream!
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a 5 quart mixing bowl place 2 pounds of cream cheese and 1 cup granulated sugar and mix on low speed until cream cheese is softened and smooth.
- Place in bowl 8 ounces sour cream and continue mixing until well blended.
- At this time add 2 eggs, mix for 2 minutes then add 1 cup flour, ¼ cup cocoa, and ¾ cup heavy whipping cream.
- Mix on second speed until smooth and creamy.
- At this time your cheesecake mixture should be fluffy like ice cream as it comes out of the ice cream machine.
- Prepare your 10 inch x 2 inches spring form pan, in a large bowl place your graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar, and your melted butter or margarine.
- With a wire whisk, whisk them together until well combined, brush onto the sides of your spring form pan a little softened butter so the crumbs have something to hold to, place the crumbs on the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Now you add slowly to the pan your cheesecake mix as not to disturb the crumbs too much, now you should have a full pan.
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Bake for 55 minutes then shut off the oven and leave it in there for 3 hours.
- By this time you should have the most beautiful cheesecake you ever seen, leave the cake on the table for 1½ hours then place it in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
- Now remove it from the pan and enjoy. You can put a coconut pecan topping on it if you like.