Chocolate Dipped Fruit Fudge
What can make chocolate fudge better? Putting delicious fruit in it! This fudge recipe will show you how to make one of the most scrumptious desserts ever.
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 1½ cups glucose (pure corn syrup)
- ½ cup thick cream, or
- ⅓ cup milk and ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup fruit, figs, and candied cherries and apricots, cut in small pieces
- ½ cake or more baker's "dot" chocolate.
- Stir the sugar, syrup, glucose and cream until the sugar is melted. Cover and let boil three or four minutes, then uncover and let boil stirring often but very gently until a soft ball may be formed in cold water, or, until the thermometer registers 236° F.
- Set the saucepan on a cake cooler and when the mixture becomes cool.
- Add the fruit and beat until it becomes thick, then turn into pans lined with waxed paper.
- In about fifteen minutes cut into squares.
- Coat these with the "Dot" Chocolate.