This chocolate gingerbread recipe will warm your tummy. This is a great recipe to bring the family together and enjoy the holidays.
Recipe type: Dessert
This chocolate gingerbread recipe will warm your tummy.
- 1 cup molasses
- ½ cup sour milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cupfuls sifted flour
- 2 ounces of baker's chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix the ingredients above in a large bowl, from molasses to the salt.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon soda in 1 teaspoon cold water; add this and 2 tablespoons melted butter to the mixture.
- Now stir in 2 cupfuls sifted flour, and finally add 2 ounces of baker's chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter, melted together.
- Pour the mixture into three well-buttered, deep tin plates, and bake at 350 for about twenty minutes.