Chocolate Nougat Cake
This chocolate nougat cake recipe is perfect for the holidays or that special someones birthday! Follow this chocolate nougat cake recipe and you will be a pro. Top with chocolate icing to make it even more delicious.
|Chocolate Nougat Cake|
Recipe type: Dessert
Follow this chocolate nougat cake recipe and you will be a pro. Top with chocolate icing to make it even more delicious.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 squares chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup almonds blanched and shredded
- Cream the butter, add gradually one and one-half cups of sugar, and egg unbeaten.
- When well mixed, add two-thirds milk, flour mixed and sifted with baking powder, and vanilla.
- To melted chocolate add one-third a cup of powdered sugar, place on range, add gradually remaining milk, and cook until smooth.
- Cool slightly and add to cake mixture.
- Bake fifteen to twenty minutes in round layer-cake pans.
- Put between layers and on top of cake White Mountain Cream sprinkled with almonds.