Chocolate Nut Caramels
Sugar, glucose, cream, butter, baker’s chocolate, nuts and vanilla is all that you need to make this chocolate nut caramel recipe. These caramels make a great gift for birthdays or around the holidays.
|Chocolate Nut Caramels|
Recipe type: Dessert
Sugar, glucose, cream, butter, baker’s chocolate, nuts and vanilla is all that you need to make this chocolate nut caramel recipe.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups glucose (pure corn syrup)
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup butter
- 3 or 4 squares Baker’s Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups English walnut meats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put the sugar, glucose, one cup of the cream and the butter over the fire; stir and cook until the mixture boils vigorously, then gradually add the other cup of cream. Do not allow the mixture to stop boiling while the cream is being added.
- Cook until the thermometer registers 250° F., stirring gently—move the thermometer, to stir beneath it—every four or five minutes.
- Without a thermometer boil until—when tested by dropping a little in cold water—a hard ball may be formed in the water.
- Remove from the fire, add the chocolate and nuts and beat until the chocolate is melted.
- Beat in the vanilla and turn into a biscuit pan, nicely oiled or buttered, to make a sheet three-fourths an inch thick.
- When nearly cold turn from the pan and cut into cubes.