Chocolate Pop Corn Balls
What an exciting way to start your day with this chocolate pop corn ball recipe! This chocolate pop corn ball recipe is very easy to follow and super fun to make with the kids.
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup glucose
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 squares baker's premium chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 4 quarts popped corn, well salted
- Set the sugar, glucose and water over the fire, stir until the sugar is melted, then wash down the sides of the saucepan, cover and let boil three or four minutes, then remove the cover and let cook without stirring to the hard ball degree.
- Add the molasses and butter and stir constantly until brittle in cold water; remove from the fire and, as soon as the bubbling ceases, add the chocolate, melted over hot water, and the vanilla.
- Stir, to mix the chocolate evenly through the candy, then pour onto the popped corn, mixing the two together.
- With buttered hands lightly roll the mixture into small balls.
- Press the mixture together only just enough to hold it in shape.
- Discard all the hard kernels in the corn.
- Have the corn warm and in a warm bowl.