Chocolate, Vienna Style
Just a few easy steps and you will be enjoying this wonderful chocolate, Vienna style drink. This recipe is easy to make and this hot drink is great on a cold winters day.
|Chocolate, Vienna Style|
Recipe type: Dessert
Just a few easy steps and you will be enjoying this wonderful chocolate, Vienna style drink.
- 4 ounces vanilla chocolate
- 1 quart milk
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Cut the chocolate in fine bits.
- Put the milk on the stove in the double-boiler, and when it has been heated to the boiling point, put the chocolate, sugar and water in a small iron or granite-ware pan, and stir over a hot fire until smooth and glossy.
- Stir this mixture into the hot milk, and beat well with a whisk.
- Serve at once, putting a tablespoon of whipped cream in each cup and then filling up with the chocolate.
- The plain chocolate may be used instead of the vanilla, but in that case use a teaspoon of vanilla extract and 3 generous tablespoonfuls of sugar instead of one.