Satisfy any sweet tooth with this cocoa cake recipe. Its deep chocolate cocoa flavor will be the talk of your next gathering.
Recipe type: Dessert
Satisfy any sweet tooth with this cocoa cake recipe.
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baker's cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ or 2 cups sifted pastry flour
- Cream the butter, stir in the sugar gradually, add the unbeaten eggs, and beat all together until very creamy.
- Sift together one-half cup of the flour, the cocoa and baking powder. Use this flour first, then alternate the milk and remaining flour, using enough to make mixture stiff enough to drop from the spoon. Add vanilla and beat until very smooth.
- Bake in loaf at 350 for thirty-five or forty minutes.
Tests for baking cake. It is baked enough when: 1. It shrinks from the pan. 2. Touching it on the top, springs back. 3. No singing sound.