Recipe type: Dessert
There are many different ice cream recipes but this cocoa ice cream recipe is the best.
- 1/2 cup dry powdered cocoa
- Few grains salt
- 1 cup sugar and
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup syrup drained from canned raspberries or strawberries
- Mix very thoroughly, 1/2 cup dry powdered cocoa, few grains salt, 1 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Add slowly 2 cups milk, scalded, and cook over boiling water 20 minutes, stirring until thickened and occasionally afterward.
- Pour over 2 eggs well beaten, chill.
- Add 2 cups cream beaten stiff, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup syrup drained from canned raspberries or strawberries, and freeze.
- If frozen in a vacuum freezer, put mixture in center can of freezer; cover, invert freezer, and fill outer compartment with finely crushed ice mixed with half the amount of rock salt.
- Open the freezer occasionally, scrape cream from sides and mix well, using a long-bladed knife.
- If frozen in an ordinary freezer, it is not necessary to beat the cream.
- Put mixture in can of ice cream freezer, surround with three parts ice and one part salt.
- Let mixture stand 5 minutes, then turn crank slowly until mixture is stiff.
- When frozen drain off ice water and repack, using four parts ice and one part salt.
Recipe by OldTimeChocolates.com at http://www.oldtimechocolates.com/recipes/cocoa-ice-cream/