This cocoa sauce recipe is a wonderful way to top off any dessert. This cocoa sauce recipe is easy to follow and learn.
Recipe type: Dessert
This cocoa sauce recipe is easy to follow and learn.
- 2 tablespoonfuls butter
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoonfuls flour
- 4 tablespoonfuls sugar
- 4 teaspoonfuls baker’s cocoa
- 1 teaspoonful vanilla
- Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- Mix the flour and cocoa together and stir into the butter.
- Add gradually the hot water, stirring and beating each time; cook until it thickens.
- Just before serving, add the sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt, if necessary.
- Use more cocoa if liked stronger. This sauce will be found excellent for cottage puddings, Dutch apple cakes, steamed apple puddings, etc.