|Fudgy Fig-Nut Brownies || ||
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 16 Brownies
Moist, chewy and so easy, these Fudgy-Fig-Nut Brownies are made with rich dark chocolate, crunchy toasted walnuts and surprise-sweet, delicious figs.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup stemmed and chopped Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Golden or Mission Figs
- 1/3 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, lightly beat eggs with wire whisk.
- Add sugar and whisk until well-blended.
- Whisk in oil and vanilla.
- Melt chocolate in small bowl in microwave oven on 50 percent power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Whisk chocolate into egg mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture, blending until smooth; batter will be stiff.
- Stir in figs and walnuts.
- Spread batter in baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into 16 brownies.
Recipe by OldTimeChocolates.com at http://www.oldtimechocolates.com/recipes/fudgey-fig-nut-brownies/