Maple Syrup Pecan Fudge
Fudge makes great Christmas gifts. Place several varieties into Christmas tins. Fudge call also be wrapped in foil paper and tied with inexpensive bows. Place them in an attractive Christmas bag or wrapped box for that special someone on your list.
|Maple Syrup Pecan Fudge|
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 18 Pieces
Fudge makes great Christmas gifts.
- 3 C maple syrup
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 C pecans, chopped
- Pour the maple syrup into a large heavy saucepan.
- Add the milk and place the pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a rapid boil and continue boiling until mixture reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool 3 minutes.
- Beat the mixture with an electric mixer on low speed until it becomes creamy.
- Carefully stir in the pecans.
- Spread the mixture into a square baking pan lined with wax paper.
- Cool until the fudge becomes firm and then cut into bite sized pieces.