Recipe type: Dessert
You will be the talk of the town with this marbled fudge recipe!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup glucose (pure corn syrup)
- 1½ cups cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 squares Baker's Chocolate, scraped fine or melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Stir the sugar, glucose and cream over low heat until the sugar is melted; move the saucepan to a hotter part of the range and continue stirring until the mixture boils, then let boil, stirring every three or four minutes very gently, until the thermometer registers 236° F., or, till a soft ball can be formed in cold water.
- Remove from the fire and pour one-half of the mixture over the chocolate. Set both dishes on a cake rack, or on something that will allow the air to circulate below the dishes.
- When the mixture cools a little, get someone to beat one dish of the fudge; add a teaspoonful of vanilla to each dish, and beat until thick and slightly grainy, then put the mixture in a pan, lined with waxed paper, first a little of one and then of the other, to give a marbled effect. When nearly cold turn from the pan, peel off the paper and cut into cubes.