Melt in Your Mouth Marshmallow Drops
Marshmallows taste good in hot chocolate but even better in this melt in your mouth marshmallow drop recipe! You will have a hole new appreciation for this tasty snack after you try this recipe.
|Melt in Your Mouth Marshmallow Drops|
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 Dozen
Marshmallows taste good in hot chocolate but even better in this melt in your mouth marshmallow drop recipe!
- 1 (6 oz) pkg. semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 (1 oz) square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 T butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 C confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 C peanuts
- 2 C miniature marshmallows
- Place the chocolate pieces and the chocolate square into a heavy saucepan.
- Place the sauce pan over low heat.
- Add the butter and stirring constantly melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside until ready to use.
- Place the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Use a fork and beat the eggs until they become frothy.
- Pour in the sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated together well.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Fold in the peanuts and marshmallows.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Drop the marshmallow mixture onto the wax paper by a teaspoon about 1 in. apart.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Store the candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.