Plain and Chocolate Dipped Parisian Sweets
This decadent chocolate dipped Parisian sweets recipe will knock your socks off! This recipe is perfect for special occasions or holidays.
|Plain and Chocolate Dipped Parisian Sweets|
Recipe type: Dessert
This decadent chocolate dipped Parisian sweets recipe will knock your socks off!
- 1/2 cup Sultana raisins
- 5 figs
- 1 cup dates
- 2 ounces citron
- 2/3 cup nut meats, (almonds, filberts, pecans or walnuts, one variety or a mixture)
- 1 1/2 ounces Baker’s Chocolate
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Fondant or baker’s “dot” chocolate
- Pour boiling water over the figs and dates, let boil up once, then drain as dry as possible.
- Remove stones from the dates, the stem ends from the figs.
- Chop the fruit and nut meats (almonds should be blanched) in a food chopper. Add the salt and the sugar and work the whole to a smooth paste.
- Add the chocolate, melted, and work it evenly through the mass.
- Add more sugar if it is needed and roll the mixture into a sheet one-fourth an inch thick.
- Cut into strips an inch wide.
- Cut the strips into diamond-shaped pieces (or squares).
- Roll these in confectioner’s sugar or dip them in chocolate fondant or in Baker’s “Dot” Chocolate, and sprinkle a little fine-chopped pistachio nut meats on the top of the dipped pieces.
- When rolling the mixture use confectioner’s sugar on board and rolling pin.