Praline Pretzel Patties
The mixture of sweet chocolate and salty pretzels along with the caramel and peanut butter give these crunchy treats big thumbs up with all of Santa’s little helpers.
- 1 (14 oz) pkg. caramels
- ¼ C butter, cut up
- 2 T water
- 5 C miniature pretzels
- 1 (18 oz) jar crunchy peanut butter
- 2 (12 oz) pkgs. Milk chocolate chips
- Place the caramels in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the butter and water to the caramels.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir the mixture together.
- Continue microwaving at 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each one, until the caramels melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Spread one side of each pretzel with the peanut butter.
- Spread the caramel mixture over the top of the peanut butter.
- Layer a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place the candy into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds then stir.
- Continue microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate has melted and has become very smooth.
- Use a toothpick and dip each of the pretzels into the melted chocolate being sure to completely cover the pretzel.
- Lay in a single layer on the wax paper.
- Allow the candy to harden before storing.