Santa Claus Candy Clusters
|Santa Claus Candy Clusters|
- 1/3 C butter
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1/4 C peanut butter, crunchy
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 C oats
- 1 C coconut, flaked
- Place the chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the butter and marshmallows.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until melted together and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Pour in the vanilla and stir just to combine.
- Add the oats and coconut and stir until incorporated into the ingredients well.
- Place wax paper onto a large baking sheet.
- Drop the mixture by teaspoonfuls on the prepared sheet about 1 in. apart.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until candy is firm.
Never double a candy recipe. This can cause increased cooking time which in turn can ruin the quality of the candy. If a double amount is needed make a second batch using the same ingredients.