Walnut Cream Chocolates
You will be the talk of the town with this walnut cream chocolate recipe! Sugar, milk, water, caramel syrup, vanilla and baker’s chocolate is all that is needed to complete this recipe.
|Walnut Cream Chocolates|
Recipe type: Dessert
Sugar, milk, water, caramel syrup, vanilla and baker’s chocolate is all that is needed to complete this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 or 4 tablespoons thick caramel syrup
- 1 teaspoonful vanilla
- 1/2 pound baker’s chocolate
- Put the sugar, condensed milk and water over the fire to boil, stir gently but often, and let cook to the soft ball stage, or to 238°F.
- Pour on a damp marble and let stand undisturbed until cold; turn to a cream, then gather into a compact mass.
- Cover with a bowl and let stand for thirty minutes; then knead the cream.
- Put it into a double boiler; add the caramel syrup and the vanilla; stir constantly while the mixture becomes warm and thin.
- Add a tablespoonful or two of water, if necessary, and drop the cream mixture into impressions made in cornstarch.
- Use two teaspoons to drop the cream.
- When the candy is cold, pick it from the starch.
- With a small brush remove the starch that sticks to the candy shapes.
- Coat each piece with “Dot” Chocolate.
- As each piece is coated and dropped onto the oil cloth, set half an English walnut meat upon the top.